Pages

Saturday, July 07, 2012

George has arrived

Our new boar has arrived.
He travelled all the way from Hertfordshire with me in the car. We had to stop and sleep in the car when I got too tired but the poor guy just wouldn't settle after leaving all his siblings and friends behind.
Eventually I opened the crate to give him a scratch and he fell down next to my arm with a big sigh and started snoring within seconds....














We introduced him to the herd and everybody gave him a quick grunt and carried on their business.














After an hour they suddenly realised he was a foreigner (and I thought pigs were clever...lol) and ganged up on him. He ran off squealing. Being a rather smart young man he searched for some colour matching surroundings and gave us all a fright by playing "spot the piglet".














He came back for dinner but even our other piglet Bouncer kept chasing him off, so we decided to give him a safe hide out.














He loved his own house which we made big pig proof and he enjoyed an extra bowl of weaner feed.














Having his own water bowl away from that scary large boar was also a bonus.














For pudding he had a belly rub and a snooze in the sun, protected by those lovely two legged humans.














And here he is, chatting away to me in the car. George I of Achentoot.


0 comments:

Post a Comment